Todd's Odds & Ends War Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monday Night ???

Go down

Monday Night ??? Empty Monday Night ???

Post by Admin Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:03 pm

Using the standard formula for calculating the Vegas spread (Pts Scored + Pts Allowed by other team) / 2 + 3 for Home Field....we get Detroit winning 26.95 - 18.8.  This matched the Vegas spread earlier in the week perfectly which was Detroit -8 with an O/U 46.  The spread is now Detroit -7 with O/U 46.5 which tells me the majority was taking LV and the points so they had to lower the spread.  

I am officially undecided on this one.  Detroit holds the 2nd best Rush Defense in the NFL so Jacobs shouldn't be a threat to run.  LV has the 7th best pass defense in terms of passing yards allowed; and with St. Brown being iffy due to illness that is making me second guess the Detroit passing attack.  The strengths offensively should be LV pass against Detroit's 23rd ranked pass defense, and Detroit run against the Raiders 25th ranked run defense.  Problem with that is that Detroit is down their #1 RB so rookie Gibbs is taking over; and the Raider's have Jimmy G returning from a bad back with limited mobility.  

If I had to take something, I would probably take Davante Adams and Meyers in receptions because if the Raider's win it is because Jimmy G throws 35+ passes....and if Detroit blows them out, then Jimmy G is still going to have to throw 35+ passes to catch up.  I really don't foresee any scenario where the Raiders take command of the game on the ground in Detroit.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://toddsoddsandends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum