Todd's Odds & Ends War Room
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Primetime Schedule RANT (Long)

2 posters

Go down

Primetime Schedule RANT (Long) Empty Primetime Schedule RANT (Long)

Post by HamSausage Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:37 am

So far we’ve seen 19 prime-time games. Here’s a breakdown through Week 5 for anyone interested.

NYG (1-4) - 3 games, 0 wins, 1 TD, outscored 94-15. Can’t wait to see them again this Sunday night!
KC - 3 games, 2/3 Taylor Swift appearances.
GB (2?-3) - 2 games, avg. 257.5 ypg, 5 interceptions. In these two games Jordan Love is averaging a QBR of 10.5, and a RTG of 51. Average QBR is 50, RTG is 88.6.
LV (2-3) - 2 primetime home games in 5 weeks. Did you know the Raiders play in Vegas now? Have you heard how well visiting teams fans travel to Vegas? It’s a destination! Collinsworth LOVES it! Book your trip now at NFL.com. Jimmy G prime time QBR this year 39.7, RTG 79.5. Awful.
CAR (0-5) - 1 terrible game. 239 total yards.
MIN (1-4) - 1 game
NE (1-4) -1 game
NYJ - 2 games
DEN (1-5) - 1 game. Russ 13/22, 82 yards.

Regional/Market Bias
New York teams, 5 appearances plus 2 more this week for a total of 7 prime time games through 6 weeks. Philly and NE are right there too so their 2 games could bring the regional total to 9.
California teams, 3 appearances plus 1 Monday night. I can read a map but to me LV may as well be a California team so I’m going to add their 2 to bring the total to 6 appearances at the close of week 6.

Competitiveness
So far winning teams have outscored losing teams 493-271 for an average margin of victory of 11.77 points in primetime through 5 weeks plus TNF week 6. The games that were decided by >11.77 were complete shit :
MIA/NE 24-17
NO/CAR 20-17 Bryce Young is on the reverse path of Kurt Warner. Wins and then ends up bagging groceries.
PIT/LV 23-18
CIN/LAR 19-16 (it was a sloppy game)
KC/NYJ 23-20 officiating in the 4th ruined the game. NFL-TMZ-Mahomes-Kelce-Swift orgy would not be derailed by Zach Wilson. Forget it.
GB/LV 17-13
DEN/KC 19-8

Moving Forward
From here out the following teams have a combined 38 primetime appearances DAL 4 plus Thanksgiving Day, MIN 4, GB 3 plus Thanksgiving Day, DEN 3, LV 3, KC 3, NE 3, CHI 3, NYJ 3 plus a stand-alone game on Black Friday at 3:00 PM. California teams will have 10 appearances not counting LV’s 3. NYG still have 2 left. That’s 5/17 games. LV somehow also scored 5/17 primetime games, shockingly 4 of them are at home.

The NFL has a serious problem with their primetime scheduling. Hopefully somewhere in this mess there is something useful

HamSausage
HamSausage

Back to top Go down

Primetime Schedule RANT (Long) Empty Re: Primetime Schedule RANT (Long)

Post by Admin Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:13 am

I was looking for an opening to play devil's advocate and shoot a bullet hole in this post, but you pretty much hit it spot-on. I mean the Chiefs are good, and I see giving them a few more than the rest; and the Jets were supposed to have Aaron Rodgers. On paper, Miami and Cincinnati should be fun to watch with their electric offensive weapons....and I would throw San Fran and Jacksonville in there for that same reason. Any other team in the NFL right now I would second guess being worthy of a Prime Time game, although I personally wouldn't mind watching Buffalo, Minnesota, and San Diego (when healthy).

If you could pick any games from this week to put on Thursday, Sunday, and Monday night; which would you pick?

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://toddsoddsandends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HamSausage Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:02 pm

I wouldn’t sleep on TB. If I had the power to flex any games this weekend I’d take NYG@BUF off of Sunday night and replace it with DET@TB. Should be a good game. I believe I read that Goff is has the best record in the NFL over the last two years ATS but has struggled throughout his career outdoors.
Although DAL gets way too much primetime exposure and maybe the Los Angeles teams don’t deserve as much, DAL@LAC could be a good one. Herbert always seems to put up huge numbers in primetime and without Diggs in the secondary he could feast. I’ll probably be all over some Herbert, Keenan Allen, Gerald Everett alternate spread parlays.
HamSausage
HamSausage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down